PDA

View Full Version : stop missing gym days

Mountain-Man
04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
everyone gets in a rut or on the lazy side and starts missing days at the gym i do then i tell my salf look at all the cash and time you have invested to look this way get your ass back in the gym now. :tongue-new:

Bootstomper
04-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Haha... that's def a motivator! This is why I just don't have off days! Too easy for one off day to turn into 2, which leads to a week, which leads to 3 months....
"overtraining" is overstated :)

saadhm
04-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Haha... that's def a motivator! This is why I just don't have off days! Too easy for one off day to turn into 2, which leads to a week, which leads to 3 months....

Agreed! I just started working out again after months! Started with a few days since we were moving houses..then I just became lazy and it all went down from there.

Ordered myself some epi and when I'm back in the game full force, gonna start my cycle! Can't wait!

21"GunSalute
04-23-2014, 03:53 PM

I agree about the overtraining. I've been hitting my arms at least 3 times a week and its done wonders. I can see a bigger muscle group like legs and chest possibly overtraining but you know your limits

Bootstomper
04-24-2014, 08:18 AM
If it's sore, let it rest :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.... As if you cared...

polfa
04-24-2014, 02:11 PM
yeah skipping gym can be good sometimes, if you dont feel like it dont go just dont skip it too often :)

Bootstomper
04-24-2014, 02:18 PM
I've stopped having "planned days off" and rather will just take an off day whenever the schedule takes over and the body is like "ya know, today would be a good rest day". When I'm not logging my stuff I have a hard time keeping track of the last day I took off was too :P.

MuscleAddiction
04-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Good advice!!!

IronSoul
04-24-2014, 06:01 PM
I've stopped having "planned days off" and rather will just take an off day whenever the schedule takes over and the body is like "ya know, today would be a good rest day". When I'm not logging my stuff I have a hard time keeping track of the last day I took off was too :P.

For the most part I'm the same way brother. I let my body make the decisions and we have a pretty good relationship lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bootstomper
04-24-2014, 06:11 PM
It's funny... my body and I's relationship has been similar to that of my wife and I.... We struggled at times, but over the years we've learned to communicate very well each other! Haha

IronSoul
04-24-2014, 06:13 PM
It's funny... my body and I's relationship has been similar to that of my wife and I.... We struggled at times, but over the years we've learned to communicate very well each other! Haha

Lol amen to that one bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockyf1991
02-16-2015, 08:53 PM
I find creating a killer playlist to listen to, or even just having a read of some new exercises that are a little different to what you would usually do really helpful for motivation! That and giving yourself planned days off, for your body to recover- this way you are much more likely to go back! Routine is so helpful!

shrivelled
02-17-2015, 12:14 PM
horse for courses imo, you need to have that discipline and want to get in there but also knowing when to take a day off is very important too